Buy on subscription
Keeping your dogs teeth clean and getting them dentals is critical to their health. Why you might ask? Here are just 5 reasons;
- Preventing tooth loss. When the structures supporting a dog’s teeth become damaged or infected, the teeth loosen and fall out. Good dog dental care will ensure that those teeth-supporting structures stay healthy and keep the teeth in place.
- Preventing bad breath (halitosis). If a whiff of your dog's breath makes your nose hairs curl, it's time for some good dental care. When your dog has a healthy mouth and healthy dog teeth, bad breath won't be a problem.
- Preventing oral pain. Dental disease, especially when it's severe, can be quite painful for dogs. Keeping your dog's teeth and gums healthy will help prevent oral pain.
- Preventing organ damage. Bacteria in the plaque can enter the bloodstream and spread to the heart, kidneys and liver. This spread of bacteria, called bacteremia, can damage organs and make dogs quite sick. Good oral health will help prevent bacteremia and subsequent organ damage.
- Preventing worsening dental disease. Because so many dogs have dental disease by the time they're 3 years old, it can be difficult to prevent it from developing in the first place. However, good dog dental care can prevent dental disease from becoming severe and causing problems throughout the body.
Almost all of the smaller dogs we have received in our care this year have required a full dental, and tooth removal. They have lived in pain for months, and sometimes years, because no one gave them the treatment they needed.
Each dental costs between $400-1500 depending on how bad, how long it's been that way, and how many teeth need removing.
As you can imagine, this is not covered by their adoption fee, so we are frantically trying to fundraise to help these dogs. We would appreciate any help with these, as they are ongoing, and we don't want any of these dogs to suffer!
Let's help them all get healthy and get nice strong teeth like Sunday does! (Pictured)
Oh and did we mention.... Every purchase over $5 is tax deductible! So you can claim 33% back at tax time.