FEMALE | BORN OCTOBER 2016 | LOWCHEN
LOCATED IN AUCKLAND
NB: PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE APPLYING TO SAVE DISAPPOINTMENT
Sasha is a great wee dog who has been in our care a little while, and we are getting to know and understand her needs more as time goes on.
What are the cool things we know about Sasha?
- She is ACTIVE. That girl loves her walks and has so much energy it's ridiculous
- She loves toys. She will run around with her toys so proud
- She is crate and house trained.
- She is affectionate. She loves being near her people.
- Her social skills with dogs are great. She is totally fine with all dogs.
What are the things Sasha needs help with?
- She is not keen on being picked up. We suspect she has been dropped in the past, so panics when being picked up.
- She can be quite barky, and that she doesn't need to protect us from the imaginary creatures out there.
- She is a wee bit nervous of new people.
- She has not been around children so is not suited to a home with kids under 12, or any kids that aren't dog savvy.
So what does Sasha need in a new home?
Sasha needs an active, experienced home with people who understand dog behaviour and are able to use boundaries and structure to build trust and help her understand the world is an awesome place. She does not need pity or babying, this will not help her. Someone who is patient and wants a lifetime companion but understands some work needs to go into her first.
In return Sasha will be the most incredible companion. She will show you her hilarious zoomies and playful behaviour with other dogs. She will cuddle up to you while you watch TV and bring lots of joy to your life.
Sasha would do really well in a home with another balanced dog.
No cats though, this would not be a match made in heaven!
Please don't apply to adopt because you like the look of her, apply because you want a companion for life, and you are happy to put in the work to help her overcome her past.